Recently there has been an uptick in the number of requests for virtual tours on the residential real estate side of things. This brought me to a discussion that I had with a local Realtor who asks me if I thought that virtual tours were a FAD or they were here to stay? In this post, we will discuss 10 reasons to use a 360 tour in your business.
At first glance you might say that it’s a FAD. But after the recent COVID 19 scare ( that’s still here) I began to rethink my position. The evolution of Real Estate marketing has ramped up at hyper speed. Like I have said in previous articles, it’s not that the technology hasn’t been there, it’s the fact that agents were not willing to adopt it. The average of a real estate agent in the US is 57 years. The largest buyer group is in their 30’s. This group wants the tech and the other group is avoiding it. There is a definite disconnect.
This entire conversation got me to thinking about small to medium size businesses. With the recent shut down, businesses began to struggle quickly. There was and still a lot of demand for things to do as well as service businesses that need an efficient way of promoting their business.
For over 2 years we have been producing 360’s ( virtual tours) for residential properties. It dawned on me that 360 could be a great solution for businesses that want to better illustrate their business services and atmosphere. I wanted to illustrate 10 reasons to use 360 tours for your business and or residential property.
10 Reasons To Use A 360 Tour
We came up with 10 + ideas or ways that a business could as well as why they should consider a 360 / virtual tour for their business. Here they are:
10 Reasons To Use a 360 Tour For Your Biz
- A wow factor for your business- When someone is looking for the products and services that you offer and they come to your website and see the option of looking around the entire establishment, that’s a Wow factor. Thes first impression will be very strong. They will want to come to check you out.
- Ability to walk around any place virtually, better than still, pictures-photos are great but if your prospective customers could have the opportunity to virtually walk around your establishment, that will bring so much more value than simply photos. Photos are great ( we use them all the time) but a 360 is like photos on steroids.
- Ability to zoom in and see everything a business has to offer- The ability to zoom in and out of space helps the visitor get a much better idea of the services and products that you offer.
- Always at work for you, even when you are sleeping- It’s having a tour guide that never leaves. She’s there to walk your prospective customers around 24/7
- A realistic representation of your business!– Sometimes a traditional photo can give a vision of an establishment that really isn’t what the surroundings actually look like. An example may be that your business is located in the heart of a city when in fact you are on the water’s edge. With a 360 you can show the relationship between your business and the outside environment in a more holistic way.
- Attract & interact with potential customers- It’s a fact that the longer you can keep someone on your web page, the more likely they will convert to a customer. What a better way to do this than with a 360 view of your establishment.
- Enable you to showcase without it needing to be described in words– visual content is always going to get you more bang for the buck. Using 360 technology can dramatically increase the overall description of what you do.
- Great marketing tool– You can send your 360 out to prospective customers. Have your sales and marketing department use the 360 as a sales tool. post it on social media.
- If Google is emphasizing virtual maps, then you know VR is a must-have for any business.
- It is a fun way of showing your establishment to potential clients- Own a sports bar or restaurant? think how much more interesting your place will look to someone looking for something to do versus the site that doesn’t have a 360.
- Show instantly what is hard to describe ” A picture is worth 1000 words” A 360 is worth 10,000 words.
- Let your visitors know you are keeping up to date with the latest technology– A recent survey illustrated that when a business gives the impression that they are using the latest technology, the customer believes that the business is more established and has a greater likelihood of success. It also went on to say that these are the businesses that shoppers want to do business with.
- The technology to virtually visit any location fits in our pocket, make sure yours is included and available for all to see.
- BONUS thought- If you are a growing business and are trying to attract new and fresh talent, there’s no better way than using a 360 view of the workspace, amenities, and campus 360. Let’s say that you are looking to hire some new talent, you have a few prospects in mind. You send them a link to view a 360 of your facility, that’s a wow factor. If the talent you are attempting to hire has other options (they always do) your company will stand out.
Types of businesses that may benefit from a 360 tour
Here are some of the types of businesses that can benefit from a 360 virtual tour:
- Car Dealerships
- Assisted Living facilities
- Storage facilities
- Entertainment Companies
- Event/Wedding Venues
- Barn Venues
- Industrial Locations
- Travel – Destination Weddings
- Wedding Vendors & more……
I’m sure that there are other good reasons to Use a 360 Tour, and reasons not to. For most businesses during this opening back up phase, it’s cost. Everyone is keeping their budgets tight and taking on another expense probably isn’t what they had in mind. I’m happy to report that this technology isn’t extremely expensive, and most small businesses can afford it. The National Association of Realtors offers additional info on this topic and more.
If you would like to have a closer look at how 360 can help your business, please call or send us an email: email@example.com or 352-515-0247
We look forward to helping you grow.